Protecting & progressing Planetary Health for the present and future generations
Establishing a new relationship with Nature was already a major concern for HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco when he decided, in June 2006, to set up a Foundation dedicated to protecting the environment and promoting sustainable development at local and global level.
Since then, active all over the world, the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation has sought to bring together scientists, political leaders and economic and civil society stakeholders behind a vital objective for our future – protecting the ocean and the land. The Foundation’s long-term action has led to some encouraging victories being won, whether in safeguarding endangered species or improving living conditions in rural communities by implementing new sustainable and ethical solutions.
Every project supported represents another step forward for the planet, whose current state of health calls for more ambitious and decisive measures.
TAKING ACTION TOGETHER TO
- Fight against climate change and encourage renewable energies
- Safeguard biodiversity
- Manage water resources and combat desertification
THROUGH SPECIFIC MISSIONS
- Building partnerships so that projects can be completed successfully and concrete initiatives can be undertaken in its priority spheres of action
- Raising awareness among populations and authorities about the impact of human activities on the natural environment and encouraging more eco-friendly behaviour
- Promoting and inspiring outstanding initiatives and innovative solutions by awarding prizes and grants
IN TARGETED AREAS
- The Mediterranean Basin
- The Polar Regions
- the Least Developed Countries ( as classified by the United Nations)