Dates / Project duration
January 2017 - January 2018 / 13 months
Integrated and sustainable management of water resources
Meiliang Bay, Lake Taihu, China
CEPF China Environmental Protection Foundation?
Construction of an observation station for cyanobacterial bloom on the Lake Taihu site, which purpose to build an effective communication platform among the civilians, scientists and government regulators. The main sections of this project are the following ones:
- organize an expedition to analyse cyanobacterial bloom of Lake Taihu by calling volunteers, civilians and experts, investigate the ecotope of the lake and its littoral zones, and provide a survey report about water pollution,
- set up a microbe’s database for scientific research on the cyanobacterial bloom in Lake Taihu, the data is produced by high-throughput sequencing technologies,
- set up a website named “Field observation site of cyanobacterial bloom in Taihu lake” and put online the microbe’s database, algae database (in order to provide people with accurate information about algae of Lake Taihu) and popular science of cyanobacterial bloom,
- organize a youth scientist’s forum on the topic of cyanobacterial bloom,
- produce a video to record and disseminate this project.
Project’s duration: 12 months