Dates / Project duration
January 2017 - February 2021 / 50 months
Conservation of endangered species
Peace Parks Foundation?
This project follows up actions undertaken to protect turtles on the partial reserve of Ponta Do Ouro in 2009. Currently the aim is to develop, within the reserve, protection and sustainable use of marine resources through responsible management that will promote the social, economic and environmental values of the communities.
The main issues and objectives are as follows:
- To boost human and material resources
- To continue the research, studies and monitoring programme.
- To contribute to the site's inclusion on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- To develop land-use in the territory to make it compatible with, for instance, eco-tourism.
- To set up projects to enable local communities to become self-sufficient (economy, health, safety, ecology).